I have never been a fan of doing laundry. I actually own enough pairs of underwear to last me about 2 months so that I can go as long as possible without doing laundry. And that is just the clothes aspect of laundry. I have 2 distinct sets of sheets and comforters too, again to avoid doing laundry.
- The laundry room is usually located in the basement. In order to get the dirty laundry to the washing machine it literally needs to go past other tenants in the building. It needs to be drug, lugged and carried while you hope no one needs to get past you on the stairwell.
- Most of the laundry machines only take quarters. And a lot of them. I don’t know about you but I don’t usually have $5 in quarters lying around.
- I’ve noticed there are usually 2 washers and dryers per building. These are supposed to accommodate anywhere from 6 to 25 apartments that each house at least 2 people. By my calculations that means you will always be either fighting for a machine or waiting impatiently for one to free up.
- The dryer never actually dries your stuff. Ever. Every time I do laundry I have to hang about half the load around my room to finish drying.
- Laundry isn’t done after the clothes are dry. You still have to fold them, or hang them, or put them away in some sense.