By Allison Sass
October is my favorite month of the year because I feel it encompasses the best of what autumn has to offer. Here are some reasons why it’s great to be a post grad in October.
– No more midterms. Midterms in October always took away from my autumn enjoyment at college. Now that you have graduated, your evenings and weekends are free to fill with fun fall activities.
– The need for air conditioning has disappeared. Post grads living in cheap apartments, rejoice!
– Lunch breaks can be spent outside instead of in the air conditioning of your office or car.
– Fall foliage, apple cider, pumpkin carving, hiking, etc..
– Halloween! It’s still fun as a post grad! Just think, you won’t have to worry about finishing papers and projects in addition to attending as many Halloween parties as possible.
– A wide variety of free festivals. Even if you are an employed post grad, you likely don’t have endless amounts of cash to spend on weekend fun. During October, it seems like every weekend is some sort of free festival featuring pumpkin, apples, or both.